To all our customers,
We were disappointed by the report recently circulated by VIVA (a vegan investigative charity) and we would like to update our customers on the progress we have made. All the accusations have been taken with the utmost seriousness and on 28th January supply was suspended from the local farms we work with.
We are grateful to Test Valley Trout Farming for acting swiftly and working so hard with both us and the RSPCA to ensure we can begin to resume normal service with absolute assurance on the quality and welfare of the fish supplied to us.
The following actions have been taken:
- A new Governance and Control supply agreement has been signed between Test Valley Trout Farming and ChalkStream to ensure the highest standards are maintained at all times from our suppliers. You can view the new agreement HERE.
- Test Valley Trout Farming has undertaken an immediate review of existing harvesting and fish handling procedures to make improvements to protocols both in terms of staff practices and equipment modifications in consultation with the RSPCA.
- Test Valley Trout Farming Ltd is working with the RSPCA to ensure that any breaches of RSPCA standards cannot be repeated.
- The RSPCA has confirmed Assured status on 2 of our supplier farms.
- Test Valley Trout Farming has confirmed that it will be installing equipment to film all harvests.