A quick and easy recipe for trout with a mediterranean tomato sauce
Serves 2 (and multiples of…)
2 fillet portions of ChalkStream® trout(approx. 130g each)
6 fresh tomatoes, sliced
1 heaped tbsp of capers
1 garlic clove, sliced
2 tsp olive oil
2 anchovies (optional)
¼ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
1. Bring trout fillets up to room temperature.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
3. Oil shallow oven proof dish and place tomatoes and garlic in a layer on the bottom. Sprinkle over the capers and thyme. Add a couple of anchovy fillets and the chilli flakes if feeling brave!
4. Nestle the trout fillets on top of the tomatoes and pour over the olive oil. Season well.
5. Pop into the oven for 15 minutes. Check trout is cooked. It will be if it’s pale pink in colour and opaque.
6. Serve with crushed boiled potatoes and some greens, like french beans or tenderstem broccoli.