1. Heat oven to 180°C. Peel potatoes and boil in salted water for 10 minutes until cooked.
2. Season the trout fillet and cook in oven for 10 minutes until pale pink and opaque.Finely chop the parsley.
3. Drain the potatoes, and roughly mash them with a fork, leaving them to cool.
4. Flake the trout into the bowl, add a tablespoon of flour, egg, chopped parsley and plenty of seasoning. Grate in some lemon zest and mix everything together.
5. Dust a board with flour, divide the mixture into four or more and lightly shape each pile into circles about 2 cm thick. You will need to dust with flour as you go.
6. Put the fishcakes on a clean plate and refrigerate for an hour or so (you can freeze them from this point, and defrost for use another day).
7. Heat olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook the fishcakes for 3-4 minutes on both sides until golden. Serve with vegetables or salad, and lemon wedges.
130g portion fillet ChalkStream® trout
A few sprigs parsley
1 large free-range egg, beaten
1 tbs plain flour